[Scilab-users] xtitle hides figure cintent

Jens Simon Strom j.s.strom at hslmg.de
Mon Mar 16 22:46:05 CET 2020

Hallo Scilab family,

After two decades of using Scilab I was not able to fix the following
problem.

fig=figure('visible','off');
plot(0:5,0:5)
//xtitle('xtitle hides the figure content.')
set(fig,'visible','on'); The script does what I expect. However when
uncommenting xtitle the figure is blank (Version 5.5.2*). What can I do?
The background of this question is a script which creates some 10
figures which are filled with polylines in a loop. Whithout the visible
off/on there is a nervous flicker of graphics which I want to avoid.
Butxtitle is a must. *) I cannat go to Version 6 because most of my
earlier scripts would not run. Regards Jens