[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? Scilab 6.1 too slow to list large vectors

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Tue Mar 31 11:55:18 CEST 2020

Hello,

I also ran some tests and it seems that the regression is clearly line-based: ie the regression is worse for vector than for matrix because there more lines to print to display a vector than a matrix of similar length.
See my test code below.

n1=300;
n2=100;
mat=rand(n1,n2);
tn=[];

/* Ctrl+E the code below several times*/

tic
mat // matrix
//mat(:) // vector
t=toc()
tn=[tn,t];

disp('---------')
disp('N_run = '+string(length(tn)))
disp('T='+string(mean(tn))+'+/-'+string(stdev(tn)));

/*
6.0.2 matrix
N_run = 20
T=0.6392742+/-0.056698
1.6x slower  but plotting 4 values per line ie 4x less lines to plot than for the matrix version

6.1.0 matrix
N_run = 10
T=1.0335109+/-0.0317414

6.0.2 vector mat(:)
N_run = 20
T=0.4943449+/-0.0662727

6.1.0 vector mat(:)
N_run = 10
T=3.800698+/-0.1121251
7.7x slower ie same slow down per line than for the vector version as we plot 4 values per line so 4x more lines

*/