[Scilab-users] h5mv / h5flush

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Sun May 24 14:38:06 CEST 2020

Hello Paul,

This is not a solution, but just tests to assert that the problem does
come from scilab and not from your datasets.

(1) Can you try to use command-line tool h5copy (that comes with the
hdf5-tools pacakge on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux distribution) to do it
outside of scilab?
If you succeed, that might be a bug in h5mv in scilab.
If you are under windows, there might be an equivalent tool, or you can
use WSL if under Windows10.

(2) I get that you are running this code inside some sort of loop,
right? Can you try to do it step-by-step on one of the file that fails?
By step-by-step I mean either Ctrl+E line by line in your code or one
command at a time in the console. This might help if it's a race
condition bug. I faced similar issues when manipulating the graphic
handle hierarchy within a loop.

Hope it helps,

Antoine