[Scilab-users] h5mv / h5flush

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Sun May 24 16:29:02 CEST 2020

On 24/05/2020 15:28, paul francedixhuit wrote:
> Thanks Antoine for answering
>
> The datasets work fine.
>
> yes I'm under a loop in order to automate datasets moving/renaing; if
> I use "h5mv" for a single dataset (whatever it is) that's ok. As said
> previously, the issue occurs immediately after using the first "h5mv"
> without closing the file.
OK. I am not sure I understand the issue than.
Is the first call to h5mv OK, then the second one failling?
If it is, did you try h5copen/h5mv/h5close before the next call to h5mv ?

Do you have a minimum working example with an hdf5 file you could share
with us?

> I'm under Linux (Ubuntu); I've ever tested h5copy but it failed as well.
>
> I'll test your suggestion in using hdf5 package outside Scilab or
> through "unix_g" ino Scilab
There is also the python api for hdf5 that is really nice and not really
difficult to use if you are already familiar with the scilab one.
You could try from python to assess whether you are trying to do
something inherently wrong or whether it's a bug in scilab.