[Scilab-users] scilab -f file : can it uses an existing instance of scilab?

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:40:55 CEST 2020

Hi Antoine,

>From an existing Scilab console doing:   exec("filepath\filename",-1), is not good enough?

Regards,
Rafael

-----Original Message-----
From: users <users-bounces at lists.scilab.org> On Behalf Of Antoine Monmayrant
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 12:06 PM
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Subject: [Scilab-users] scilab -f file : can it uses an existing instance of scilab?

Hello all,

During teaching, I usually run a bunch of scilab demos using "scilab -f demofile1", "scilab -f demofile2", etc ...
Sadly, every call to "scilab -f file" opens a new instance of scilab.
Is this possible to reuse an existing instance of scilab?
Or even better: reuse an instance of scilab or open scilab if none exists?

Cheers,

Antoine