[Scilab-users] Fwd: plotting dots vs xfarc

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:50:26 CEST 2020

Dear community,

I need to create images, which includes exact dot-coordinates, drawn as
filled circles.

All pixel coordinates of such an area would have to have exactly one single
pixel value.

The resulting graphic right now is stored via:      xs2bmp.

to create the dots I naturally would use:      plot (x,y,'o')

Issues here:
- It seems that the resulting pixels of the dot in the final image are not
equally colored.
- Especially pixels at the right lower "corner" seem to be off-colored.

So I tried:  xfarc:
Issue here:
- xfarc() seems not always to find the correct x-y-location.

See example attached.

 - The dots by plot() are colored white.
 - The xfarc is colored blue.

I left some dots without xfarc() to demonstrate the issue of plot().

I think I could "brute-force" pixel values of the underlying image (not
black for real purpose) to correct pixel values.
But actually I wanted to avoid that.

Any hint?

Used: Scilab 6.1.0

Best regards,