[Scilab-users] Int3D / Triple integration

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Apr 2 14:02:56 CEST 2021

Le 02/04/2021 à 12:53, arctica1963 a écrit :
> Hi Stephane,
>
> At the moment I am just trying to understand how Scilab works with triple
> integration of f(x,y,z) with limits for xyz.

Ok, when you say "limits" for xyz you mean that each variable varies in
a given constant interval, that's what I meant by the rectangular
parallelepiped [x1,x2] x [y1,y2] x [z1,z2]. In fact it is a pity that
Scilab does not handle this case but only the more general case of a
collection of (eventually disconnected) tetrahedrons. However, cutting
your parallepiped in 5 (https://www.geogebra.org/m/C3TjXxFY)  is enough
to use int3d, since they will be recursively divided to attain the
required precision:

deff('v=f(xyz,numfun)','v=xyz(1)^2+xyz(2)^2+xyz(3)^2')
xlim=[0  1];
ylim=[0  1];
zlim=[0  1];
[x,y,z]=ndgrid(xlim,ylim,zlim);
i  =  [5  8  2  3
      5  8  2  6
      5  8  3  7
      5  2  3  1
      2  3  8  4]';
[result,err]  =  int3d(x(i),y(i),z(i),f) --> result result = 1.0000000 --> err err =
1.110D-14

S.

> Lester

Stéphane Mottelet