[Scilab-users] Some details on the documentation of log(), log10(), etc.

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Mon Feb 22 09:43:55 CET 2021

Hello all,

Thanks for opening the discussion on this “new user”-related topic, this is always good to improve our help for existing user and new comers ; to let them havie a clear understanding of Scilab-lingua.

One important point to me is to have a proper distinction between “array” (as values organized in multiple dimensions) and more precise terms with more constraints on dimensions “horizontal vector”, “matrix”, etc… For keeping the rationale up to date, I suggest you to edit the Localization wiki page [1].

In term of code update, I can help you finding duplicated messages but keep in mind that the build-system create .pot files from the source code. To look for duplicate, the more important is to upgrade the source code.

[1]: https://wiki.scilab.org/Localization in English - Standard messages

Note: AFAK the “constant” term has been removed on 6.0.0 documentation/error message as this is the default datatype, in case of advanced type management the term “decimal” can be used instead.

Regards,
Clément