[Scilab-users] atomsLoad

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Mon Jan 4 15:55:50 CET 2021

Hi,

I fixed the problems. The modifications are

1) emd.sci file, line 410
"//pause"
becomes
"pause"

2) emd.sci file, line 683
opt_fields = {'t','stop','display','maxiterations','fix','maxmodes','interp','fix_h','mask','ndirs','complex_version'};
becomes
opt_fields = ['t','stop','display','maxiterations','fix','maxmodes','interp','fix_h','mask','ndirs','complex_version'];

3) emd.sci file, line 794
if ~type(INTERP)==10 | ~or(convstr(INTERP)==convstr({'linear','cubic','spline'}))
becomes
if ~type(INTERP)==10 | ~or(convstr(INTERP)==convstr(['linear','cubic','spline']))

4) emd_local_peak.sci, line 32
lm = find(diff(a)~=1) + 1;
becomes
lm = find(diff(a)~=1); if lm==[], then lm=1; end

5) boundary_conditions_emd.sci file, the function moc_fliplr should be added at the end of the file
function y = moc_fliplr(x)
//  Copyright Aldo I Maalouf
if ndims(x)~=2,
disp('X must be a 2-D matrix!')
end
endfunction

The modification 1) is really a minor one. The remove of moc_fliplr() function in boundary_conditions_emd.sci file is very strange (this function exists in older emd_toolbox version!).

I only tested the emd() function and it gives the same output with toy examples as the ones obtained with emd_toolbox of repository 5.4 (tested on scilab-5.5.2). However, I didn't test all the paramaters of the function.

It remains one problem: the memory used always increases. If emd() function is ran multiple times, my 8G mem is fulfilled by scilab and of course scilab crashes. Maybe this comes from the modified sources of emd_toolbox done by Stephane Mottelet? (Note that there is no memory issues with emd() function of repository 5.4.)

Jean-Yves