[Scilab-users] Update library and help

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:15:28 CET 2021

Hello Jean-Yves,

please let me forward Samuel Gougeon's answer to your question.

Best Regards,

Philipp

Hello Jean-Yves,

Jan 18, 2021; 2:54pm jbaudais[Scilab-users] Update library and help
Hello,

   When I modify the file myfunction.sci in my librairie "mylib", the
update works as expected when I restard Scilab with the following lines
in my .scilab file

genlib(SCIHOME+"/mylib/macros")
load(SCIHOME+"/mylib/macros/lib")
add_help_chapter("Librairie perso",SCIHOME+"mylib/jar")

I would like to do the update without Scilab exit and restart, so I do

--> del_help_chapter("Librairie perso")
--> clear mylib myfunction
--> genlib(SCIHOME+"/mylib/macros")
-->
help_from_sci(SCIHOME+"/mylib/macros/myfunction.sci",SCIHOME+"/mylib/help/fr_FR");
--> xmltojar(SCIHOME"/mylib/help/fr_FR","Librairie perso","fr_FR");
--> load(SCIHOME+"/mylib/macros/lib")
--> add_help_chapter("Librairie perso",SCIHOME+"mylib/jar")

Excepted genlib and xmltojar, not all the code lines work all the time
(some time yes and some time no).

Do you get any error message that tells that this line is KO while by
default other ones are OK?
Please note that the compilation of the documentation can (quite often)
yield some errors that are NOT displayed in the Scilab console
<http://bugzilla.scilab.org/7255> (but, on Windows, in the so-called
consolebox()).
After such "silent" errors, some involved files can stay locked
<http://bugzilla.scilab.org/8430> (or simply not updated), and next
instructions might look as failing.

I understand nothing because I not
able to reproduce "deterministically" the success, or not! So I think my
code is wrong.

On Windows, displaying the consolebox("on") when compiling some
documentation is the best and only way i know to see where are the problems
and fix them in source files. Without this, we blindly work.
I hope this helps.
Best regards
Samuel Gougeon

PS: Thanks to Philipp for forwarding this answer without breaking the
thread.