[Scilab-users] Update library and help

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jan 30 15:42:19 CET 2021

Thanks Philipp,
Now i can answer inside the recovered thread:

Jean-Yves, i remember -- from another thread -- that you are running all
this with Scilab 5.5.2. Aren't you?

Le 29/01/2021 à 18:47, Jean-Yves Baudais a écrit :
> .../...
> Well, I did new test with a simple function in home+"/macros"
>
> function out=testadd(a,b)
>    // To test process for lib
>    //
>    // Syntax
>    //  out=testlib(a,b)
>    // Parameters
>    //  a: scalar
>    //  b: scalar
>    // Description
>    //  Add to scalar
>    // Author
>    //  Me
>    // Bibliography
>    //  Nothing
>    out=a+b;
> endfunction
>
> and I generate the lib "testlib". Contrary to what I wrote, that works fine. I did mistake when I used clear. It must be
> --> clear testlib testadd
> and not
> --> clear testlib, testadd
> (testadd should also be cleared if it has been called, because load("macros/lib") is not enough to replace the function already loaded in Scilab memory, I guess)
>
> So, there is no problem with the updated library though the load is fisrtly done in .scilab. I don't need to restart Scilab to use the updated library "testlib".
>
> The problem still remains for the help:
>
> --> help_from_sci("macros","help/gl_GL")
> help_from_sci: Reading from directory macros
> help_from_sci: Processing of file: macros/testadd to help/gl_GL/testadd
> help_from_sci: processed 1 files.
> ans  =
> ""

Well, for more than 6 years that 5.5.2 was released, a lot of things
were done, noticeably about fixing some help_from_sci bugs.
Have you checked fixed bugs? If you installed uman,
--> uman help_from_sci b
<http://bugzilla.scilab.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&list_id=59325&order=resolution%2Cbug_id%20DESC&product=Scilab%20software&query_format=advanced&short_desc=%28%5E%7C%5B%5Ea-zA-Z_%5D%29%28help_from_sci%29%28%5B%5E0-9a-zA-Z_%3B%5D%7C%24%29&short_desc_type=regexp>

If the issue is not among the fixed ones, you might send your .sci file
to me by private email if you prefer, in order to reproduce the issue.
Or report on bugzilla, with an attachment.
By the way, why don't you edit and work directly with the xml file,
instead of through the .sci header + help_from_sci?
Notepad++ with its XML add-on is really nice to do that, and working
with the xml allows much more things than from the heading comments
(noticeably globish multilinguism :-).

Samuel