[Scilab-users] scilab 6.1 and ubuntu 20.04 no graphics ?

philippe rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:21:49 CEST 2021

Hi to all,

I've just upgraded from ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04, then I started scilab
without problems but I can't obtain any graphics :

=> plot() or surf() open a withe graphic window with no display (but
gcf() is okay )
=> graphic window is never dockable (but dockable="on" in gcf() )

I've reinstalled the last scilab version but I get the same problem. I
can't find informations about such a bug , have you any idea about this ?
Best regards,
Philippe

Version information
"Version de Scilab : 6.1.0.1582621796"

"Système d'exploitation : Linux 5.4.0-77-generic"

"Version Java : 1.8.0_151"

"Informations sur l'environnement d'exécution Java : Java(TM) SE Runtime
Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)"
"Informations sur la machine virtuelle Java : Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit
Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)"
"Spécifications du fabricant : Oracle Corporation"