[Scilab-users] Scilab stops calculus

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Thu Mar 11 11:08:07 CET 2021

Hi Antoine,

> Are you running scilab under Linux?

Yes.

> It might not be related, but I noticed that when my computer resumes
> from sleep, all the scilab GUI is unresponsive.

I removed all sleep modes on my computer (to maintain VPN access and get around some other problems) and I never use them.

> Can you run your long simulation without gui?

It was. I tested the following

i=0;while 1, i=i+1;mprintf("%d\n",i); end;

and there is no problem up to i=2e8 with -nwni option, and up to i=5e7 with gui (I locked my screen during the simulation and unlocked it to stop the simulation, no problem to resume). So, my first feeling was wrong, it's not a prompt limitation.

Strange behaviour...

-- Jean-Yves