[Scilab-users] How to list the content of the recursion stack?

Jean-Yves Baudais Jean-Yves.Baudais at insa-rennes.fr
Thu May 6 11:13:23 CEST 2021

Hi,

> [...] When we get a Recursion limit reached (1000) message [...]

  I'm not a wizard on programming, not at all, and recursion call it's all the time complex for me to use. Anyway, I tested two different recursions and I'm really far from the "Recursion limit"! Here the examples:

function out=test_l(in)
  if in==0 then
    out=in;
    return
  end
  out=in+test_l(in-1);
endfunction
//calling sequence
// test_l(n); // max n=41

function out=test_ll(in,acc)
  if in<=1
    out=acc;
    return
  end
  out=test_ll(in-1,acc+in);
endfunction
//calling sequence
//test_ll(n,1); // max n=140

test_ll improves a bit test_l because it uses tail call, but the max without seg.fault is far from 1000. Where does this limit of 1000 come from?

-- Jean-Yves