[Scilab-users] Scilab compilation from scratch (was Re: spec can crash scilab)

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Sun May 9 16:39:05 CEST 2021

Hello all,

Just a quick update:
(1) I installed & configured as default : openjdk-8 gcc-8 g++8
(2) I had to rm everything and restart from scratch: somehow, my first
try at compiling with openjdk-11 had left some *.class files behind
(with the wrong version) that make clean is not removing
(3) Now I am stuck at libscigfortran not being found. I'm pretty sure I
miss some mystery -lrandomlibame flag or someLD_* stuff... :
     /usr/bin/ld: warning: libscigfortran.so.5, needed by
/home/amonmayr/softs/scilab-recompile/scilab_master/scilab/usr/lib/liblapack.so,
not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

If anyone who knows more than me about ld flags wants to chime in, I
could do with a bit of help...

Cheers,

Antoine
PS: I tried to join config.log but the email got too big for the mailing
list...