[Scilab-users] Variable scope in Scilab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon May 10 21:56:55 CEST 2021

Anyway, to me this topic looks (very) much less critical than the (bug
or intentional?) disabling of funcprot() in Scilab 6.

In Scilab 6, on one hand all "control" keywords
select/if/then/else/return/ etc are now protected. On the other hand,
funcprot() no longer works and makes fragile all native macros and
builtin symbols... A very inconsistent and impacting roadmap.

Putting Scilab in students hands is much more prone to errors due to
this unprotection, than due to external initializations..

Samuel