[Scilab-users] ode, speed issue or tips to speed up ?

CHEZE David 227480 david.cheze at cea.fr
Thu Sep 2 18:03:38 CEST 2021

Dear all,

In experimental work, I'm comparing dynamic model of a thermal system with measurements. I'm using function ode, "fix" solver (continuous time, lowest accuracy requirement is applying in my case at this stage) and Jacobian ( to try to speed up the calculation but not sensitive as for now) to get the solution of the equation,  a single temperature node, at 240 times (time vector), default rtol=1.d-3 and atol=1.d-4. The system inputs are available as vector of reals , size is 240 and inputs are passed to the ode function as inputs functions by interpolating (interp1) the inputs vectors. It is issuing correct temperature solutions but is very slow, ~40s for 240 times, while the variable inputs vector are actually not varying a lot and thus I would expect very short calculation time.
WIN10-64bits Intel i7 2,6GHz, Scilab 6.1.1
Is there any tips to speed up the calculation , advanced example documentation about ODEOPTIONS or ode_optional_output ? I guess it's the same underlying code that is used in Xcos isn't it ?
Thank you for advising,

David