[Scilab-users] Redrawing a maximized figure changes its original size and other problem

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sun Sep 5 09:24:52 CEST 2021

Le 02/09/2021 à 02:22, Federico Miyara a écrit :

> Dear All,
>
> I've noticed that when clearing the contents of a maximized figure
> using clf() and redrawingthe figurefrom scratch,the maximized
> statuschanges status to normal with a size slightly larger than the
> available height of the screen.

I am not able to reproduce this effect on Win10.

> .../...
> The second problem is that upon creation, any figure is located flush
> with the bottom of the screen, even if I have enabled that the task
> bar is always visible. This causes the bottom of the figure to be
> hidden behind the task bar. To make it vissible I need to manually
> move the figure upwards.
>
> The expected behavior would be that the window were completely visible
> from the beginning.

I don't think so. This would require to set a priority between the
default figure size and default figure position, in a way that anyone
could clame as debattable. As a user you are already able to tune and
set the default values of figures properties in your startup file,
according to your own user's screen and wishes, noticeably .axes_size
and .figure_position

Samuel