[Scilab-users] find all files of specific type on hard drive

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:52:36 CEST 2021

Hi Philipp

This piece of code used to work (haven't checked with Scilab 6.1.1).
First I ask the user to select one file in the directory, then I create
a list of all files in that directory and read all of them:

[units,typs,nams]=file();  // nams(1) = script file name incl. path
fpathname=strsplit(nams(1),  [filesep()]);
scriptpath  =  get_absolute_file_path(fpathname($));

printf("Please select a .txt measurement file\n");
[filetoread  pathtofile]  =  uigetfile("*.txt",scriptpath,"Choose measurement file");
     // For a start, assume script file is in the same directory as the data,
     // but don't be sure, read pathtofile and use it instead.
readfile  =  pathtofile  +  "\"  +  filetoread;
if  length(filetoread)>4  then  // one char + .txt expected, i.e. length>4
     // If user doesn't select any file, the above check prevents a crash
     chdir(pathtofile);
     if  verbose  then  printf("MSG: File found, thanks!\n");  end

// Analyze - find all files in the path, who's filename is an
// integer, which means - we expect it to be an angle.
filelist=listfiles(pathtofile  +  "\*.txt");

imax=max(size(filelist));

printf("Loop %i times: ",imax);
for  i=1:imax  do
     printf("%i ",i)  // Show progress
     [path  fname  extension]  =  fileparts(filelist(i));
     if  isnum(fname)  then     // check if fname (a string) contains
         d=evstr(fname);       // a number, and convert to number

I hope this is inspiring.

Cheers,
Claus