[Scilab-users] restriction for fileinfo (?)

P M p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:13:30 CEST 2021

Dear,

is there a restriction in path length when using fileinfo() ?
I find files paths with a total length of > 256 characters.

e.g.:

total file name length  =   77 characters      // including the file
extension
total path length         = 265 characters

[ret, err] = fileinfo( absolute_path_to_file);

ret = [ ]
err = -1

the absolute_path_to_file is correct and the file does exists...So I have
two assumptions:

- name of the file is to long ... limit at 32 or 64 characters ?

and/or

- fileinfo() can only handle 256 characters ... maybe 260, because of null
character at the string end ?

Best Regards,
Philipp