[Scilab-users] please help, I have just a mental blockade

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Feb 7 20:46:46 CET 2022

Le 07/02/2022 à 20:28, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
> Hi Samuel, and all Scilabers
>
> Entertaining response from Samuel!
>
> It's about knowing that the cumsum function exist. :-)
>
> I googled Scilab cumsum and found old docs that it was part of
> elementary matrix operations
> (https://help.scilab.org/doc/6.0.0/en_US/cumsum.html), but in Scilab
> 6.1.1 this is part of a XCOS matrix palette.
>
> Hmm.
>
> The documentation for cumsum is now found under XCOS. What is the
> motivation behind this choice?

It's an error in the 6.1.1 online doc (likely occuring during its recent
regeneration (mid december) after its truncation
<https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.scilab.org/msg10627.html>,
while CUMSUM and cumsum are homonymous).
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.1.0/en_US/cumsum.html  is OK
--> help cumsum // as well

Samuel