[Scilab-users] Sundials module, Windows preview

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Tue May 17 13:44:06 CEST 2022

Hi Michael,

Le 15/05/2022 à 16:05, Michael J. McCann a écrit :
> Currently I'm not using the ODE solvers but it's an area of interest
> since mathematical modelling is the core of my business. I'd like to
> see that in Xcos I can get the full range of ODE solvers (at least for
> 'real-only' as distinct from 'complex-number' issues).

In fact among actual available solvers in Sundials, the only missing in
Xcos is ARK/ERKODE, since IDA and CVODE are already available. We
already have a few Runge-Kutta methods but this is a home made
fixed-stepimplementation of these, hence the integration in Xcos could
be the next step if new solvers are really needed.

S.

> On 13/05/2022 12:03, Federico Miyara wrote:
>>
>> Stéphane,
>>
>> I don't regularly use ODE solvers for the time being, but I think any
>> improvement is valuable and is worth the effort. The lack or paucity
>> of feedback in this list is not an evidence of lack of interest for
>> the Scilab users community. It may also encourage other potential
>> users to move to Scilab. I'm grateful for your effort and feel
>> reassured that in the event I need the feature, I'll have better solvers.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Federico Miyara
>>
>> On 13/05/2022 11:45, Stéphane Mottelet wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Did anybody give a try to the Windows build ?
>>>
>>> Frankly speaking, if nobody cares about improved numerical methods
>>> in Scilab, things can be left as is, and time could be spent on
>>> other features (but not by me...).
>>>
>>> I can also prepare a Linux build, if users of this os want to test...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> S.

>>> --
>>> Stéphane Mottelet
>>> Ingénieur de recherche
>>> EA 4297 Transformations Intégrées de la Matière Renouvelable
>>> Département Génie des Procédés Industriels
>>> Sorbonne Universités - Université de Technologie de Compiègne
>>> CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex
>>> Tel : +33(0)344234688
>>> http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet

>> 	Libre de virus. www.avast.com