[Scilab-users] Migration to GitLab

COUVERT Vincent Vincent.COUVERT at 3ds.com
Tue Sep 6 10:55:38 CEST 2022

Hi all,

Some information about what's going on for Scilab development/user tools since most of them are going to be replaced by GitLab: https://gitlab.com/scilab/scilab

Before using this new platform, we have to migrate old contents:

-          Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.scilab.org):

o   Will be replaced by GitLab issues (https://gitlab.com/scilab/scilab/-/issues).

o   We are currently developing tools to migrate all existing bug reports as GitLab issue without losing history.

-          Gerrit (https://codereview.scilab.org):

o   Will be replaced by GitLab merge requests (https://gitlab.com/scilab/scilab/-/merge_requests).

o   Since we cannot migrate Gerrit changes to GitLab merge requests:

§  Validated changes will be archived as GitLab wiki pages to keep track of what happened on Gerrit. We are developing a tool to make this operation easier.

§  Changes under review will have to be pushed as merge request by their author. Do not do it now, we will inform you when we will be ready for that.

-          Wiki (https://wiki.scilab.org/):

o   Will be replaced by GitLab wiki (https://gitlab.com/scilab/scilab/-/wikis/home).

o   Old wiki pages will be copied as archives to GitLab. Most of Scilab wiki pages are obsolete so it will be the right time for us to create fresh/new/up-to-date contents.

For other tools, we are still looking for alternatives but here are first ideas:

-          Continuous integration: GitLab CI (https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/)

-          ATOMS: to be defined

-          FileExchange: GitLab Snippets (https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/snippets.html)

During the migration, we will be able to associate your existing contributions (Gerrit changes, Bugzilla bug reports, ...) to your GitLab account it you have one.
If you want us to do that, please send an email containing your old Bugzilla/Gerrit accounts and your GitLab account to contribute at scilab.org<mailto:contribute at scilab.org>.
Once the migration will be completed, you will be able to contribute as in the past.

Before putting all this stuff into production and start developing again, we will send a new email here to get your feedback about what has been migrated to be sure nothing has been lost.

Best regards,
The Scilab Team

Cordialement / Best Regards,

Vincent COUVERT
Numerical Computation / Scripting Application Senior Manager
Office: +33 2 9927 1857
Dassault Systèmes SE | 15 Rue Claude Chappe, Zac des Champs Blancs, Batiment B | 35510 Cesson Sevigne | France

[3DS Logo]

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer at 3DS.compliance-privacy at 3ds.com<mailto:3DS.compliance-privacy at 3ds.com>

For other languages, go to https://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer