[Scilab-Dev] Tcl/Tk 8.5 has been released

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Mon Dec 24 16:50:38 CET 2007

Sylvestre Ledru said on 24/12/2007 12:11:
> Tile sounds very promising :
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/13636
> and also the "Better platform look and feel".

Funny you speak about better look and feel after you op. team have
removed gtk support from Scilab in favor of xaw.

Yes I know, java, java, and also java will do everything.

> Did you tried this version on Scipad under Linux ? Can we have a screenshot
> ? :|

There is a screenshot of Scipad on both Linux and Windows with Tcl/Tk
8.5 at:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Linking_Scilab_with_Tcl/Tk_8.5

Scipad does not use Tile but only the vanilla widgets from Tk (yes,
with minor exceptions).

Francois