[Scilab-Dev] Tcl/Tk 8.5 has been released

StŽéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Wed Dec 26 16:57:52 CET 2007

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
>> If 8.5 is found by Scipad then it uses 8.5 because 8.5 has many new
>> features, bug fixes, speed improvements, and so on (again, see what
>> 8.5 features are used by Scipad by reading the top of
>> http://wiki.scilab.org/Linking_Scilab_with_Tcl/Tk_8.5).
>>

> I am working on it.
> I have a question about that.
> We have 3 execution modes :
> * normal
> * nw - no window, ie no console but the possibility to launch rendering
> plot3d for example
> * nwni - no window, ni interactive, ie an ultra basic console.
>
> I thought (maybe wrongly) that the TCL event loop should be disabled in
> the nwni mode.
> Should it be the case or not ? (it is quite unclear in the code)
>
> For example, scilab 4.1.2 uicontrol() is "working" (thanks Bruno btw).
>
> Sylvestre

As far as I remember (at least for Unix/Linux version) in -nw and -nwni
mode, the TCL event
loop is disabled by default, but started on demand (together with the
X11 event loop) when
e.g. the very first TCL_EvalStr is issued. This allows to use Scilab as
a transparent engine
(no visible console but keeping all other graphical features).

S.