[Scilab-Dev] Tcl/Tk 8.5 has been released

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Wed Dec 26 15:09:25 CET 2007

> If 8.5 is found by Scipad then it uses 8.5 because 8.5 has many new
> features, bug fixes, speed improvements, and so on (again, see what
> 8.5 features are used by Scipad by reading the top of
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Linking_Scilab_with_Tcl/Tk_8.5).

I am working on it.
I have a question about that.
We have 3 execution modes :
* normal
* nw - no window, ie no console but the possibility to launch rendering
plot3d for example
* nwni - no window, ni interactive, ie an ultra basic console.

I thought (maybe wrongly) that the TCL event loop should be disabled in
the nwni mode.
Should it be the case or not ? (it is quite unclear in the code)

For example, scilab 4.1.2 uicontrol() is "working" (thanks Bruno btw).