[Scilab-Dev] Re: Scipad debugger

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Sat Aug 30 00:05:46 CEST 2008

Vincent COUVERT said on 29/08/2008 10:42:
>> 1. Deactivation of Scipad's debugger
>> What is the last date for commit in trunk before Scilab 5?

> No problem for me to let you do this work.
> The last date for commit in TRUNK before Scilab 5 is next Monday (1st
> September) at 12am.

Done (Scipad 6.155).

The last thing I plan to do on Monday morning before the deadline is
to push the Scipad version tag to 7.0 for distribution with Scilab 5.
I will take care of this too.

> We are going to update this page and explain what work and what does not
> work.

Thanks. Please proceed.

> A diagram explaining how the TCL thread works is currently written.

Seen. I still have to analyze it more in depth but thank you anyway
for the documentation effort.

> The modifications to do in "Scilab debugging system" could be the object
> of a new SEP.

Yes, certainly. However, before writing a SEP we should know what the
problem is more precisely, and identify a solution, as you mentioned.
So a SEP, yes, but only later because I wouldn't know what to write
there right now.

> For the moment, no idea of the version where debugging actions will be
> available again. It will depend on the amount of work needed to make it
> work.

Of course, but it's also a matter of priorities. What are your
priorities after Scilab 5.0 release?

What I really mean is: Do you think Scilab 5.1 is a realistic target?
The roadmap on your website says "a minor version every 9 months",
which is already a huge delay (in my opinion) for fixing the debugger.

What I fear is that you want to delay this up to Scilab 6 because you
seem to say that part of the problem is in the parser, and this parser
will be rewritten for Scilab 6.

Francois