SEP#12: Scipad - Add support for encodings

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Tue Dec 23 12:07:38 CET 2008

Hi all,

Attached is an update of SEP#12 (now V1.1) + diff file against master
HEAD.

The changes wrt V1.0 amount to mentioning what's happening with the
files managed by Scipad for internal reasons, and to explain why an
encoding button will not be inserted in the existing file choosers.

This SEP has now been floating here for more than a week and has
gathered very few comments or contributions. Besides, Yung Jang Lee
who originally requested this feature stated satisfaction with the
current coverage. I will therefore not implement encoding conversion
nor auto-detection of encodings.

My understanding is that there is now consensus on this SEP. If it's
not the case, please speak up now. I will commit very soon.

Merry Christmas to those who feel concerned, and cheers to the others.
Francois