SEP#12: Scipad - Add support for encodings

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Tue Dec 23 15:33:03 CET 2008

Yung-Jang Lee said on 23/12/2008 15:22:
> François ,
>
> As to section "Typical use case in Scipad" of  the  SEP :
> 1. Select the encoding with which the next file should be read.
> 2. Open the file.
> 3. Fiddle with the content, add text, possibly switch buffers, select
> other encodings, etc.
> 4. Before saving, select the encoding that Scipad shall use for saving
> the file.
> 5. Save the file.
>
> Could it be possible add with alternate use case,
>
>     1. Open the file
>     2. Select the encoding for the opened file

Well, I'm happy to see that you have awaken up at last.
I was surprised when you stated that the SEP was good enough for you.

What you're asking looks like the encoding conversion feature I
describe in the section "Limitations". If I'm wrong, how is your new
request different from encoding conversion?

I had an initial try to make encoding conversion work, it's not as
straightforward as I thought.

Francois