[Scilab-Dev] Re: SEP#12: Scipad - Add support for encodings

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 16:29:31 CET 2008

I thought it may not need encoding conversion for this case.

User may open a file with wrong encoding and then switch to  correct
encoding.

Since the file opened was treated as system encoded file, it may not be
converted to other encoding  before user select  a  correct one.  In this
case,  it don't need to doing encoding conversion. May be I am wrong in this
aspect, however.

I have trouble building  Scilab from source this passed  week,  and have no
chance to test your implementation. But I still satisfy the SEP even if this
"open then switch encoding" function is not provided.

Yung-Jang Lee