[Scilab-Dev] Gitweb update loop

Pierre MARECHAL pierre.marechal at scilab.org
Tue Dec 23 21:51:48 CET 2008

François Vogel a écrit :
> Pierre MARECHAL said on 23/12/2008 20:14:
>> Gitweb is updated at the beginning of each hour (crontab syntax :  0
>> * * * *) but the process can be quite long.
>
> What I observe is that the update process takes (much) more than one
> hour. So does it make sense to update every hour? Besides,
> simultaneous updates are perhaps competing for the machine CPU, which
> tends to delay the result even further. SVN web view had an update
> loop of, well... seconds?
>
> F.
When I say "the process can be quite long", I want to say 5 minutes, 10
maximum, (the latest lasted 4 minutes). I don't why you don't see it in
Gitweb (as Yann said, maybe the cache of your web browser) but at the
risk of repeating me, Gitweb is updated every hour.

Sorry

Pierre

Pierre MARECHAL
INRIA - Unité de Recherche de Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 008