[Scilab-Dev] Localization behavior

Laurent Vaylet laurent.vaylet at inria.fr
Mon Feb 4 15:06:58 CET 2008

Many many weeks ago, in a far far away city called Lyon, when i was a
consultant, we used to design software that way:

The first time the application was launched, the user was given a choice
through a popup menu : french or english (independently of the OS
language) ? This setting was saved in a file and retrieved at the next
startup. At any moment, the user could decide to switch language through
a menu item and the new setting applied immediately for both GUI and
help files (and perhaps unit system). Would it be possible with Scilab ?

Anyway, i agree with Vincent on the fact that functions must be loaded
first and independently of this setting.

Laurent