[Scilab-Dev] Tcl and Scilab Event loop

Bruno JOFRET bruno.jofret at inria.fr
Mon Jan 28 17:06:10 CET 2008

François Vogel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's now ten days since I have provided my thoughts about the message
> Bruno Jofret sent on 11/01/08 about having the Tcl event loop in a
> separate thread. There was also an answer from Enrico on that same topic.
>
> Since then we have not heard from you on the Tcl/Tk topic. What do you
> think about our feedback? Did you go ahead, cooking some wonderful
> solution? Is the current implementation in trunk something you
> consider final? Or did you perhaps just give up and plan to revert to
> the previous event loop?
>
> Could you please say what you intend to do, especially in the time
> frame of "January 2008". This is indeed the advertised tentative
> release date for Scilab 5 alpha on your site:
> http://www.scilab.org/developers/index_developers.php?page=roadmap_5.0.
>
> Thanks for an update.
> Francois

Hi there,

It seems I did not make myself clear enough.
The version on the trunk is of course not a final one !
We are taking into account your pre requirements (bug 2514 and 2640) and
of course your previous mail.

It seems you kindly propose to test the first improvements, or I may
misunderstood...
Did you ever take some time to try our *"wonderful solution"* or did you
give up ???

For the time being I'm working on some issues that came out doing some
wonderful "while %t"
in scipad and launching it into Scilab.
I will also add some lock across Scilab "shared memory" (our beloved stack).

To crowed it all :
- If you were waiting my "go" to play with the solution, you can do it
- For what concerns the *"wonderful solution"*, I apologize not being a
wizard and go ahead
working on those threads and wait you test my first step.
- Each time I will make a step further to the "final solution" I'll post
on this ML exactly as I did last time.

Have a nice day.

--
Bruno JOFRET