Help for menu shortcut

Simone Mannori simone.mannori at scilab.org
Thu Jul 10 04:50:34 CEST 2008

A nice feature of Scilab's menus is the automatic shortcut using
[ALT]+[<first_letter>] e.g. [ALT][f] open the "File" menu.

This feature is now available on Linux and Windows BUT in some situation
the behavior could be different.

Scicos has TWO menus that begin with 'F' (File and Format).

On my Fedora 7 : you can toggle between the two menus using ALT+F. :)

On Vista : only the "Format" menu is open. :(

On other software, I noticed the possibility to assign the shortcut on
another letters, e.g; "o" for "Format".

May I do the same things on Scilab ?

As alternative, do you have suggestion for a new name for the "Format"
Scicos menu ?

Do you think that disable the shortcut for "Format" is a reasonable
solution ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Simone Mannori - Scilab Consortium (Digiteo)
Scilab/Scicos Embedded Application.