[Scilab-Dev] Test report of Chinese (or multibytes languages in general) locale mesages with Scilab 5-beta-1

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:23:11 CEST 2008

2008/6/4 Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr>:

> [...]
>
> Your solution has also the problem that it probably won't work with
> other charset from thailand, burma or mongolia for example.

My solution (if it works) is based on ICONV library, it should work for
quite a lots of charset according to iconv's documentation.

But I think only a few charset in the  world  need  to convert as I proposed
, may be only  Chinese,Japanese and Korean and one or two other languages
need. They are all ideographical and had established their own charset long
before the creation of UNICODE and therefore are still popular in local
region.

YungLee