[Scilab-Dev] Test report of Chinese (or multibytes languages in general) locale mesages with Scilab 5-beta-1

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Thu Jun 5 18:00:29 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 04 juin 2008 à 22:23 +0800, Yung-Jang Lee a écrit :

> 2008/6/4 Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr>:
>         [...]
>
>         Your solution has also the problem that it probably won't work
>         with
>         other charset from thailand, burma or mongolia for example.
>

> My solution (if it works) is based on ICONV library, it should work
> for quite a lots of charset according to iconv's documentation.
>
> But I think only a few charset in the  world  need  to convert as I
> proposed , may be only  Chinese,Japanese and Korean and one or two
> other languages need. They are all ideographical and had established
> their own charset long before the creation of UNICODE and therefore
> are still popular in local region.
OK! I had trouble to understand your point. Thanks for your
explaination.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it work under Linux.
iconv is complaining with some characters.

You will find a small patch attached which helps to debug.

Sylvestre
PS: As I told you privately, I will be disconnected to the real world
for the next two weeks.
I will go back on this when (and if) I get back.