[Scilab-Dev] Build broken + Incomplete daily versions

Vincent COUVERT vincent.couvert at inria.fr
Mon Jun 16 13:29:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

I think the methods getXOnScreen and getYOnScreen are only available
since Java 1.6...we have to investigate and hope to find another
equivalent method.

For the configure error, I think Sylvestre knows the reason (he'll be
back next monday).

Vincent

François Vogel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> 1.5.0 I guess.
>

> Investigating further in config.log:
>
> configure:9862: checking to see if the java compiler works
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/bin/javac -g conftest.java
> yes
> configure:9889: result: yes
> Using JAVAC=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/bin/javac
> Java found in /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
> configure:9910: checking type of jvm
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/bin/javac -g conftest.java
> conftest.java:2: package gnu.java.io does not exist
> import gnu.java.io.EncodingManager;
>                    ^
> 1 error
> configure: failed program was:
> // #line 9916 "configure"
> import gnu.java.io.EncodingManager;
>
> public class conftest {
>     public static void main(String[] argv) {
>
>     }
> }
>
> Which doesn't prevent configure from going to its end.
> Is this a problem?
>
> Francois
>

> Vincent COUVERT said on 16/06/2008 10:04:
>> Hi François,
>>
>> What is the version fo your JVM ?
>>
>> Vincent
>>
>> François Vogel a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can't compile trunk today because it doesn't know about
>>> getXOnScreen and getYOnScreen in GlobalEventFilter.java
>>>
>>> This is due to this commit:
>>> http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scilab/modules/gui/src/java/org/scilab/modules/gui/events/GlobalEventFilter.java?r1=25255&r2=25353
>>>

>>> Not sure what the problem is. My prerequirements are up-to-date.
>>>

>>> Then I've seen that daily versions are again available from trunk.
>>> Nice.
>>>
>>> The problem for me is that once downloaded, a lot of things is
>>> missing in the tarball, for instance there is no modules directory
>>> at all. Hence one untared it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Strange, because:
>>> http://www.scilab.org/develop/Dailyversion/index.php?os=linux&date=2008-06-14&detail=targzbin.txt&module=4&mode=release
>>>
>>> lists everything as if it was really included in the tarball.
>>>

>>> Any idea about how I can have an up-to-date working trunk today? I'd
>>> like to work on bug 3143.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Francois

Vincent COUVERT
Centre de Recherche INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe Projet SCILAB
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 013