[Scilab-Dev] Build broken + Incomplete daily versions

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Mon Jun 16 19:48:37 CEST 2008

Pierre MARECHAL said on 16/06/2008 14:30:
> *[14:23:19][$SHELL]*> ls  scilab-SE-trunk-25388/share/scilab/modules

Argh, you're right, modules is in a share/scilab subdirectory in
binary versions (not the case for source versions). So the tarball is
in fact complete, that's my error.

I was in fact led to investigate in the tarball because when launching
the nightly build (on Kubuntu) I get this error:

francois at francois-desktop:~/scilab/scilab-SE-trunk-25388$ bin/scilab
francois at francois-desktop:~/scilab/scilab-SE-trunk-25388$
/home/francois/scilab/scilab-SE-trunk-25388/bin/scilab-bin: error
while loading
shared libraries: libscilab.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file
or directory

 From this, a cursive look at the content of the untared nightly build
led me to the wrong conclusion, sorry again.

What remains however is that the nightly build cannot be launched for me.
Should I make install or something? The tips "How to install the
binary version" in the download page of the Scilab site doesn't say
it, wasn't this need removed at some point from Scilab5?

Francois