[Scilab-Dev] Migrating To Visual Studio 2008 on Windows

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Tue Mar 18 13:01:31 CET 2008

Hi,

I have finally followed your advice and have uninstalled VS2005 before
trying with the new VS2008.

I have managed to compile Scilab 5 from trunk with VS 2008 Express
(f2c solution) after having worked around a problem introduced
yesterday in strops.f

Since I was not so sure about the success of the process I have kept a
directory with a working Scilab 5 from last week's trunk aside of the
newly checked out version compiled with VS2008.

After having uninstalled VS2005, it turns out that the Scilab that I
compiled last week with VS2005 does no longer launch, despite there is
no change in that directory.

Did perhaps the VS2005 uninstall remove some registry key that Scilab
needs to launch?
Any other hint, perhaps?

Thanks,
Francois