[Scilab-Dev] Migrating To Visual Studio 2008 on Windows

Francois Vogel fsvogelnew5NOSPAM at free.fr
Sat Mar 22 08:20:17 CET 2008

Hi all,

Today it builds till the end and the result can even be launched.

And the man pages can also be built. As you mentioned, it's a very
loooonnnng process. Perhaps some more feedback in the VS output window
would be a good idea, I thought it was stuck.

Francois

François Vogel said on 20/03/2008 20:24:
> Tsk tsk tsk...
>

> With svn version up-to-date:
>

> 1>------ Build started: Project: BuildHelp, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> 1>Performing Makefile project actions
> 1>'K:\Francois\Developpement\Scilab-svn\scilex' n'est pas reconnu en
> tant que commande interne
> 1>ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
> 1>'K:\Francois\Developpement\Scilab-svn\scilex' n'est pas reconnu en
> tant que commande interne
> 1>ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
> 1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
> "Performing Makefile project actions"
> 1>Build log was saved at
> "file://k:\Francois\Developpement\Scilab-svn\modules\helptools\src\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
>
> 1>BuildHelp - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>

> Remark: it's quite quick (1 second at most)
>

> And I can't launch Scilab today: it complains it cannot find the main
> java class.
>

> Francois
>

> Pierre MARECHAL said on 20/03/2008 16:34:
>> Hi François,
>>
>> The help building is again available and you can build it by 2 ways :
>>    - The BuildHelp solution (as before)
>>    - The scilab command : -->xmltojar();
>>
>> Remark : it's quite long ( 10/15 minutes )
>>
>> For the time being, the "jar" tool (included in the JDK) is needed in
>> your path.
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> François Vogel a écrit :
>>> Moreover, how can I now build the help system under VS2008?
>>>
>>> Previously I was used to build the BuildHelp solution as a separate
>>> project but it doesn't seem to work with VS2008, or is it the new
>>> java-stuff that fails?
>>>
>>> 1>------ Build started: Project: BuildHelp, Configuration: Debug
>>> Win32 ------
>>> 1>Performing Makefile project actions
>>> 1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
>>> 1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>>> 1>^C
>>> 1>Building the scilab manual master document
>>> 1>Terminer le programme de commandes (O/N) ?
>>> 1>Build log was saved at gnagnagnagnagna