[Scilab-Dev] A sum-up of my test on the demonstration script

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Thu May 22 11:53:40 CEST 2008

Bonjour,

> For scicos, I have an idea. When I launch scicos, I first see a graphic
> pops up. Then the menu bar appears, the window is resized, etc ...
> The scicos windows is changing shape a lot.
> So, why don't you open a pop up like "Scicos loading", then building a
> hiding window and the, when everything is ready, show scicos ?

This an interesting solution.

Under Scilab 4.x there are exactly the same phases but they are much faster. Java is a bit slow on window creation.
We will take care of your suggestion: on "slow" machine is not pretty at all...

> For the scicos demo, I think somebody should open every demo, do a "fit
> to window" and then save each scicos demo (just my point of view).

I need to modify some Scicos code that still have some (now) obsolete "OS specific" geometric correction.

I'm also updating and testing ALL the Scicos demos with the latest mods that we made for Scilab 5;
I will add new Scicos demos at the list soon.

> Sometimes, when I close scicos (after having closed some graphics via
> file->close), the closed graphics reopen (but with an empty content).

This is a know "xclick()" bug that we are fixing.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Simone Mannori - Scilab Consortium
Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications

P.S. May you be so kind to describe your hardware/software set up ?