[Scilab-Dev] What dev environment for java?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Nov 19 09:39:39 CET 2008

Le mercredi 19 novembre 2008 à 05:15 +0100, François Vogel a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Because bug 3733 is a problem for me, I'm currently considering how to
> debug java source code on Windows.
>
> I'm currently using VC Express + f2c to edit and compile C and Fortran
> files, but I have no development environment capable of editing and
> debugging java nicely.
Debugging Java within Scilab is quite tricky. I don't even know if it is
possible because of JNI. (Jb?)
However, what I do to debug it is adding a .*main.* method into the Java
class just to get interesting the piece of code.

You will find an example of this here:
modules/helptools/src/java/org/scilab/modules/helptools/BuildDocObject.java

About eclipse & co, I cannot answer you. I am using emacs & ant.