[Scilab-Dev] What dev environment for java?

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 01:21:37 CET 2008

Sylvestre,

Thanks for your answer. Btw I sent my question twice because the first
time I didn't receive it from the mailing list (and the second time
neither). I can now see both messages by browsing the list on the
Internet. Did you perhaps change something recently in the mailing
list settings? Some option preventing the poster to receive his own
messages back?

Sylvestre Ledru said on 19/11/2008 09:39:
> Debugging Java within Scilab is quite tricky. I don't even know if it is
> possible because of JNI. (Jb?)
> However, what I do to debug it is adding a .*main.* method into the Java
> class just to get interesting the piece of code.
>
> You will find an example of this here:
> modules/helptools/src/java/org/scilab/modules/helptools/BuildDocObject.java

Sorry I do not see what you mean here. Where in the above file did you
add the main method? Could you please be more specific?

> About eclipse & co, I cannot answer you. I am using emacs & ant.

Could perhaps other members of the opteam answer the question too,
especially on Windows? Thanks in advance.

Francois