[Scilab-Dev] What dev environment for java?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Nov 21 14:18:10 CET 2008

Le vendredi 21 novembre 2008 à 01:21 +0100, François Vogel a écrit :
> Sylvestre,
>
> Thanks for your answer. Btw I sent my question twice because the first
> time I didn't receive it from the mailing list (and the second time
> neither). I can now see both messages by browsing the list on the
> Internet. Did you perhaps change something recently in the mailing
> list settings? Some option preventing the poster to receive his own
> messages back?
AFAIK, no. I received both emails from you.

> Sylvestre Ledru said on 19/11/2008 09:39:
> > Debugging Java within Scilab is quite tricky. I don't even know if it is
> > possible because of JNI. (Jb?)
> > However, what I do to debug it is adding a .*main.* method into the Java
> > class just to get interesting the piece of code.
> >
> > You will find an example of this here:
> > modules/helptools/src/java/org/scilab/modules/helptools/BuildDocObject.java
>
> Sorry I do not see what you mean here. Where in the above file did you
> add the main method? Could you please be more specific?

[14:16:33][sylvestre at korcula] ~/dev/git/scilab.master/scilab$ cat
modules/helptools/src/java/org/scilab/modules/helptools/BuildDocObject.java |grep -n main
295:	public static void main(String[] arg) {

The method here is just a stand alone example when I want to test
directly the java feature without going into Scilab.

	public static void main(String[] arg) {
		try {
			BuildDocObject d = new BuildDocObject();
			d.setOutputDirectory("/tmp/");
			d.setExportFormat(JH_FORMAT);
			d.setDocbookPath("/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/");
			d.process(SCI+"/modules/helptools/master_en_US_help.xml",
					SCI+"/modules/helptools/css/javahelp.css");
		} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
			System.err.println("Exception catched: " + e.getMessage());
		}
	}