[Scilab-Dev] SEP#8 for function uigetfile

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Thu Oct 2 21:30:34 CEST 2008

Sylvestre Koumar said on 02/10/2008 12:09:
> I've just posted the SEP_8_uigetfile which deals with the function
> uigetfile.

It is perhaps obvious for you who are sinking in the java stuff, but
it is not said in the SEP:

"uigetfile will replace xgetfile and tk_getfile"

Fine. What you really want to say (I think) is that you will replace
the X implementation of the file chooser (xgetfile) and the Tk
implementation of the file chooser (tk_getfile) with a java version of
the file chooser dialog. This should be said clearly in the SEP I think.

Or (if I'm wrong in the above), then maybe Sylvestre (L.) is right? Do
you want to connect the existing functions to uigetfile()? I guess not.

Otherwise, what about tk_getdir()? Will you maintain it? Include it in
the new java version of this proposal? If it's included, we should
think carefully about the case of returning both dirs and files when
multiple is set.

Cheers,
Francois