[Scilab-Dev] gitignore c files from f2c

Pierre MARECHAL pierre.marechal at scilab.org
Sun Oct 26 15:19:31 CET 2008

Hi François,

François Vogel a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Suggestion: could we add all .c files generated by f2c in .gitignore?
>
> Currently there is a lot of untracked files polluting for instance git
> status. I know I can use git status -uno but I feel explicitly
> declaring f2c output files in .gitignore would be better.
It's obviously a good idea for all directories you are sure they will
never contain versioned C files.
> What do you think?
>
> Francois
>
> PS: Here is my current output of git status with an up-to-date master.
> The .svn directories are from copy/paste of the windows
> prerequirements, these will disappear as soon as the prerequirements
> will be migrated to git. However for f2c files (and also files in libs
> from prerequirements) we should add them in .gitignore files I think.
I've added .svn to git.scilab.org/scilab/scilab/.gitignore (See commit
9a29e5f93f3ae0290064932e14cbee4056b357c4).
> these will disappear as soon as the prerequirements will be migrated
> to git.
There is little chance that "prerequirements" will be migrated to git
because the repository generated by git-svn is very large (> 3Gb) and,
with GIT, you have to download the whole repository, contrary to Subversion.

Pierre

Pierre MARECHAL
INRIA - Unité de Recherche de Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 008