[Scilab-Dev] Re: Scipad debugger

Vincent COUVERT vincent.couvert at scilab.org
Mon Sep 1 12:07:23 CEST 2008

François Vogel a écrit :
> Vincent COUVERT said on 29/08/2008 10:42:
>>> 1. Deactivation of Scipad's debugger
>>> What is the last date for commit in trunk before Scilab 5?
>
>> No problem for me to let you do this work.
>> The last date for commit in TRUNK before Scilab 5 is next Monday (1st
>> September) at 12am.
>
> Done (Scipad 6.155).
>
> The last thing I plan to do on Monday morning before the deadline is
> to push the Scipad version tag to 7.0 for distribution with Scilab 5.
> I will take care of this too.

Thank you for your work.

>> We are going to update this page and explain what work and what does
>> not work.
>
> Thanks. Please proceed.
>

>> A diagram explaining how the TCL thread works is currently written.
>
> Seen. I still have to analyze it more in depth but thank you anyway
> for the documentation effort.
>

>> The modifications to do in "Scilab debugging system" could be the
>> object of a new SEP.
>
> Yes, certainly. However, before writing a SEP we should know what the
> problem is more precisely, and identify a solution, as you mentioned.
> So a SEP, yes, but only later because I wouldn't know what to write
> there right now.
>

>> For the moment, no idea of the version where debugging actions will
>> be available again. It will depend on the amount of work needed to
>> make it work.
>
> Of course, but it's also a matter of priorities. What are your
> priorities after Scilab 5.0 release?
>
> What I really mean is: Do you think Scilab 5.1 is a realistic target?
> The roadmap on your website says "a minor version every 9 months",
> which is already a huge delay (in my opinion) for fixing the debugger.
>
> What I fear is that you want to delay this up to Scilab 6 because you
> seem to say that part of the problem is in the parser, and this parser
> will be rewritten for Scilab 6.
Since Serge has found a solution that fix some of the broken
functionalities of Scilab debugger, I think that Scilab 5.1 is a
realistic target.

We plan to reduce the delay between our minor versions and then plan a
5.1 version for next December where Scipad debugger will be fully
functional and where many bugs will be fixed.

What do you think about it ?

Vincent

> Francois

Vincent COUVERT
Centre de Recherche INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe Projet SCILAB
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 013