[Scilab-Dev] TCl-thread graphs

Bruno JOFRET bruno.jofret at scilab.org
Mon Sep 1 12:13:29 CEST 2008

Hi Enrico,

> [...]
>
> Anyway, first question, about the new (at least!) flowcharts in
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Tcl_Thread : the various boxes of the state
> machines have some functional characterization besides their numerical
> labels?

No, no there is no hidden feature or whatsoever besides the numerical
labels.
This is only the grafcet standard that force you to add some label among
states.
Here you can find some information about this standard :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafcet
(Sorry it's in french but I have not found a similar one in english)

> With what were the graphs produced, in case we want to suggest,
> graphically, new structures? Though I understand it, I'm not familiar
> with the graphical notation of the flowcharts currently on wiki; could
> you send me a pointer for the scheme (I guess it is a standard one) used?
>
> Not seeing these graphs, I was once considering to produce them with
> graphviz, decoding the previous content of the wiki page. I stopped at
> some point for lack of time, but for reference I attach what I managed
> to do (certainly unfinished and with errors, but possibly a little more
> descriptive?).
>
> Enrico

Hope with the help of the pointer it will appear less obscure.

I will soon add the last missing part "sendCommandToSlave" that will
complete the all process.

Regards,

--
Bruno JOFRET