[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: linux 64 bits support

Simon Lipp simon.lipp at scilab.org
Mon Sep 1 12:55:53 CEST 2008

At the end of machine.h and machine.h.in you should have:

/* Force usage of dynamically located stack on 64 bits */
#ifdef IS_64_BITS_CPU
#define USE_DYNAMIC_STACK
#endif

> I'll try adding the #define at hand and recompile; should that remove
> the SIGSEGVs, or am I misunderstanding?
Normally, you don't have to add it manually... The modification in
machine.h.in is in the patch (or current trunk) ; the machine.h file is
generated by the configure script. So, if regenerating machine.h didn't
solved the problem, that's probably because machine.h.in has not been
patched properly. Revert the patch, sync with trunk & reconfigure.