[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: linux 64 bits support

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Sep 1 14:09:22 CEST 2008

Simon Lipp wrote:
> At the end of machine.h and machine.h.in you should have:
>
> /* Force usage of dynamically located stack on 64 bits */
> #ifdef IS_64_BITS_CPU
> #define USE_DYNAMIC_STACK
> #endif

this I understand; indeed I had a conflicting machine.h.in (result
probably of my previous patch attempts), so the part was not included.
Anyway, the single

#define USE_DYNAMIC_STACK

I added at hand in machine.h should have been equipotent.

Now the inclusion above is automatic, so far so good. But what should I have gained? less SIGSEGVS?
One
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libscigui.so.5+0x1933b]  sci_messagebox+0x1cb
I've just reproduced.

A side question: does the scicos module support make -j ? I see the
compilation load drop to 1 cpu when make enters that directory.

Enrico